Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Meet Author Kristen Joy Wilks!!


Morgan Ravn arrives in Denmark seeking clues about her mysterious heritage. What she finds is a flirtatious stranger who regales her with a story about a jewel thief from 1958 and then abandons her with a large unruly dog. Can Morgan locate the irresponsible pet owner before his monstrous canine drags her through every puddle in Copenhagen and sheds all over her last dress? And why are strangers dogging her every step, snapping photos? Is the shutter happy behavior a bizarre Danish custom or something more sinister?

Meet author Kristen Joy Wilks, whose debut novella, Copenhagen Cozenage is part of Penguin Book Group’s Passport to Romance series. Here’s an introduction to this new, entertaining author!!

Kristen Joy Wilks is the wife of a Camp Director and board game enthusiast, the mother of three fierce boys, and the owner of a Newfoundland. She has learned many things from living at a remote mountain meadow with her family. Including but not limited to: Spiders are endearing pets that must be named and coddled and gazed at with rapturous affection, Risk is a “total dice fest” and must never be included in a true gamers collection, and when you reach for your floss and it is wet, there is a good chance that a loving family member has washed it for you. 

But be cautious, for the sink and tub are not the only water producing fixtures in the bathroom. She once took her 120 lb puppy on a walk and the fact that she was 5 months pregnant did not keep him from yanking her off her feet and dragging her forcefully across the lawn when he spotted the water. But she is grateful. Her many adventures with the aforementioned puppy, her practical joking husband and overly imaginative sons have provided a plethora of story ideas.

Kristen is a member of ACFW, a semi-finalist in the Genesis contest, and a contributor to Nature Friend magazine and Focus on the Family’s Thriving Family Magazine. Her story Day of the Cyclones is included in Nancy Kennedy’s book Miracles and Moments of Grace: Inspiring Stories from Mothers, and Pelican Book Group is publishing her debut novella, Copenhagen Cozenage in 2015 as well as Athens Ambuscade in 2016. 

Now that you know a bit about Kristen, here's a peek at her book, Copenhagen Cozenage:

I yanked my attention away from my almost Prince Charming and focused on the passage of suitcases around the carousel. I teetered closer to the sea of trundling luggage, my inadequacies in the high heel department becoming blatantly obvious. So much for my disguise. 

I dropped my purse. With a few clacking steps, I maneuvered back to where it had fallen. Was my skirt
too short to bend over? I wobbled a little but snagged the purse with a finger. My heel stuck in the strap. I yanked. It remained immovable. I yanked again. No luck. With careful precision I attempted to liberate the purse while simultaneously lifting the offending heel off the ground. Standing on one leg while wearing girlish attire for the first time in nearly a decade is harder than it looks.

I pitched forward toward the rolling luggage carousal with windmilling arms and inarticulate squeaks of dismay. My fashionably-clad self plopped down amongst the luggage. Unmindful of my peril, the conveyor continued to trundle along toward a black tunnel where the bags were slurped down into the darkness.

A red sign on the left caught my eye. 
No Bags with Lose Straps
No Luggage Constructed of Soft, Easily Shredded Materials.
Any Damage is the Fault of the Ticket Holder.  


My person was a plethora of soft, strappy, easily shredded material. I struggled to escape. The fate of a flimsy duffel bag awaited me within the dark maw of that luggage tunnel

Sounds like a winner, Kristen!!

Connect with Kristen at:




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Enjoyed the interview. The book sounds like a fun read and I just got it and look forward to reading it.

LiteOfTheNite said...

Thanks for stopping by the Diamond Mine, Ann! :)